Wednesday 28 June 2017

Inspiration

My trail running inspiration comes from many sources. I could mention my childhood home, family, faith, role models and many others. Perhaps living in Hobart, Tasmania on the slopes of kunanyi / Mount Wellington is inspiration enough.


Setting out on the half-marathon Roller Coaster Run
Recent inspiration springs from meeting my delightful, trail-running, South Australian wife, Kylie, in 2013.  That year featured the half-marathon Roller Coaster Run where Kylie and I first met then, a few months later, the 56km Yurebilla Run through the Adelaide Hills.


Feeling fresh after a warm-down jog a day after completing Yurebilla
The inspiration to give my trail running its own blog comes from watching the YouTube antics of Flo & Nord at FloNoTrail. This episode in particular caught my attention:
TRAINING for the WEEKEND

Nord's daily commitment to training is a far cry from my spasmodic approach.  I'm inspired! I also enjoy Flo & Nord's mastery of the technology which works so well together to produce such enjoyable viewing.

I do not have the time or gadgets to rival FloNoTrail. A few words and pictures are within my capability.  I will use the talents and resources with which I've been blessed and  have a go at sharing trail running stories and pictures via this blog.
Sunrise from our Back Yard Loop
Soon after moving to our home on the slopes of kunanyi / Mount Wellington, Kylie and I established our standard "Back Yard Loop", a ten kilometre circuit starting right outside our front door. We have an entrance to Wellington Park only 100 metres up the street!  From 185 metres above sea level we climb 260 metres and drop 310 finishing one kilometre from home.  This gives us a gentle, up-hill, warm down walk at the end.



1 comment:

  1. Wow! Wasn't expecting that! Thank you so much - amazing to hear that our modest efforts could serve as inspiration. In the end that's more or less what we were trying to do - shine a spotlight on all the awesome places to run in and around Hobart. We both wish you all the best with the Blog and will be following your adventures from the comfort of the couch:)

    ReplyDelete